After the success of The Couples Counselling Toolkit online CPD, I was asked to create more CPD's to bolt on to that toolkit.
This is Part 4 of 12 of a mini-series where we look at substance misuse and where it may be a problematic factor in a couples relationship. We will look at a series of models and interventions that you can use to assess and incorporate into your counselling sessions.
If you have not purchased the Couples Counselling Toolkit, we do advise you do so before commencing on this mini series. Please CLICK HERE to be taken to that course if you just want to buy the mini-series individually.
If you would prefer to purchase the whole bundle of all 13 CPD's then please CLICK HERE to be taken to that option.
- Special Course Terms.
- Module 1 - Printable Slides
- Module 1.1 - Understanding Alcohol Misuse.
- Module 1.1 Handout - AUDIT Test
- Module 1.1 Handout - UK Low Risk Drinking Guidelines
- Module 1.2 - Understanding Alcohol Misuse Cont....
- Module 1.2 Handout - BPS Model
- Module 2 - Printable Slides
- Module 2 - Impact of Alcohol on Couple Relationships.
- Module 2 Handout - Three levels
- Module 3 - Printable Slides
- Module 3 - Your Role as a Counsellor
- Module 3 Handout - MI Questions.
- Module 3 Handout - Socratic Questioning
- Module 3 Handout - Decision Balance Worksheet
- Module 3 Handout - Cycle of Change Model
- Module 4 - Printable Slides
- Module 4 Handout - 5 Systems
- Module 4 - Key Strategies & Next Stapes
- Module 4 Handout - 5 Systems Worksheet
- Module 4 Handout - Maintenance Cycle
- Module 4 Handout - ABC Worksheet
- Further Reading & Resources
- Course Evaluation
How many courses in the mini series?
There will be 12 in total in this mini series. You can buy them individually or you can buy them as a bundle.
Is this a weekly course or can I do it at my own pace
You can complete it in one go or at your own pace. All learning material is in way of Powerpoint presentation, video, handouts, etc so you can complete the course at your own pace and are not tied to any 'live' material.
Is there any live support during or after the course?
We have a dedicated Facebook group for those that have purchased The Couples Counselling Toolkit where I will be there to answer any questions and support you in implementing what you have learnt. You can also contact me for some personal supervision at anytime.
Do I get a certificate & how many hours CPD is it.
Yes, there is a Completion Certificate at the end of the course once you have completed 100% of it. You can claim 2.5 CPD hrs for this CPD.
Is the CPD Accredited?
No - a CPD does not need to be accredited by anyone, it is continual professional development. Reading a book comes under CPD hrs for membership bodies and your completion certificate will be ample proof.
Sj is a Relate trained & Qualified Counsellor. She completed her 240hr voluntary work placement in East London & Kent. She has over 25 years in Counselling and the Voluntary Sector working with charities helping young vulnerable adults to Age concern. She is passionate about helping others heal their relationship wounds. She pulls in a vast array of theoretical modalities alongside years of Life Coaching and life experiences to work with her couple clients. She focuses on solution rather than problem based therapy, which works really well in triadic work. Sj is also a qualified EMDR & Rewind therapist and works with PTSD & Complex PTSD.