After the success of The Couples Counselling Toolkit online CPD, I was asked to create more CPD's to bolt on to that toolkit.
This is Part 2 of 12 of a mini series where we look at the awareness needed around Domestic Violence & Abuse when considering working with couples & relationship work.
This is an Awareness & Safety course for yourself as a Practitioner. It provides essential information that will raise your knowledge and awareness of Domestic Violence & Abuse (DVA) and the appropriate responses you'll need within your role as a private practice practitioner.
If you have not purchased the Couples Counselling Toolkit, we do advise you do so before commencing on this mini series. Please CLICK HERE to be taken to that course if you just want to buy the mini-series individually.
If you would prefer to purchase the whole bundle of all 13 CPD's then please CLICK HERE to be taken to that option.
- Special Course Terms.
- Module 1 - Printable slides
- Module 1.1 - What do we mean by DV - Definitions & Types
- Module 1.1 - Part 2, Definitions & Types Cont..
- Handout - Power & Control wheel
- Handout - Equality Wheel
- Handout - General DV Questionnaire for Client
- Handout - Financial Abuse Questionnaire for Client.
- Handout - Military Power & Control Wheel
- Module 1.2 - Factors & Situations
- Module 1.2 - Part 2, Factors & Situations Cont....
- Handout - Effects of DVA on Children Wheel
- Module 1.3 - Impact & Effects
- Module 1.4 - Alcohol & DVA
- Module 2 - Printable slides.
- Module 2.1 - Agencies Responses to DVA.
- Handout - Example of an agencies DVA Policy
- Handout - Example of Agencies Contra-Indictions
- Handout - Example of Agencies Bridging to Safety/change
- Handout - Helplines & Websites
- Module 2.2 - Individual Responses
- Course Evaluation
How many courses in the mini series?
There will be 12 in total in this mini series. You can buy them individually or you can buy them as a bundle.
How long is the offer available?
The mini-series is currently available as a 'PRE-SELL' at a special rate until the first release on October 31st 2018.
Is this a weekly course or can I do it at my own pace
You can complete it in one go or at your own pace. All learning material is in way of Powerpoint presentation, video, handouts, etc so you can complete the course at your own pace and are not tied to any 'live' material.
Is there any live support during or after the course?
We have a dedicated Facebook group for those that have purchased The Couples Counselling Toolkit where I will be there to answer any questions and support you in implementing what you have learnt. You can also contact me for some personal supervision at anytime.
Do I get a certificate & how many hours CPD is it.
Yes, there is a Completion Certificate at the end of the course once you have completed 100% of it. You can claim 2.5 CPD hrs for this CPD.
Is the CPD Accredited?
No - a CPD does not need to be accredited by anyone, it is continual professional development. Reading a book comes under CPD hrs for membership bodies and your completion certificate will be ample proof.
Sj is a Relate trained & Qualified Counsellor. She completed her 240hr voluntary work placement in East London & Kent. She has over 25 years in Counselling and the Voluntary Sector working with charities helping young vulnerable adults to Age concern. She is passionate about helping others heal their relationship wounds. She pulls in a vast array of theoretical modalities alongside years of Life Coaching and life experiences to work with her couple clients. She focuses on solution rather than problem based therapy, which works really well in triadic work. Sj is also a qualified EMDR & Rewind therapist and works with PTSD & Complex PTSD.