Each person is different, so it's up to the individual how they choose to identify. Some people with a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome may still choose to keep using the term, while others may prefer to refer to themselves as autistic or on the autistic spectrum.
This Autism Awareness course will guide you through the different aspects of both diagnosis/conditions so that you have a better awareness so as to help your clients in the therapy room whether they need coping mechanisms for their condition or help with dealing with relationships.
Having a good awareness of this condition is essential as more clients are being diagnosed with ASD.
This course is awarded 4 CPD hours.
- Special Course Terms.
- Module 1 - Printable slides
- Module 1.1 - Introduction
- Module 1.2 - History
- Module 2 - Printable Slides
- Module 2.1 - The Triad of Impairments Part 1
- Module 2.2 - The Triad of Impairments Part 2
- Module 3 - Printable Slides
- Module 3.1 - Common Symptoms Part 1
- Module 3.2 - Common Symptoms Part 2
- Mod 3 - Handout - Signs of Sensory Avoidance
- Mod 3 - Handout - Signs of Sensory Seekers
- Mod 3 - Handout - Stimming Behaviours
- Module 4 - Printable Slides
- Module 4 - Diagnosing Autism
- Handout - Severity Levels
- Module 5 - Printable Slides
- Module 5.1 - Therapies & Intensive Programs
- Module 5.2 - Making Reasonable Adjustments
- Module 5.3 - Inclusion
- Module 6 - Printable Slides
- Module 6.1 - Gender Differences
- Module 6.2 - Love & Relationships
- Mod 6.2 - Handout ASD Characteristics
- Module 7 - Printable Slides
- Module 7 - Autism in Adults
- Handout - Autism Signs in Adults
- Module 8 - Printable Slides
- Module 8 - Aspergers Syndrome
- Mod 8 - Handout HFA Vs Asperger's
- End of Course Quiz
- End of Course Evaluation
I want to get going now, when does it start?
The course is now live!
Is this a weekly course or can I do it at my own pace?
The course will be available in full so you can complete it in one go or you can spread your learning out at your own pace.
Is this a 'Live' real time course?
No, all learning material is in way of Powerpoint presentation, video, handouts, quizzes etc so you can complete the course at your own pace.
Do I get a Completion Certificate?
Yes, there is a Completion Certificate at the end of the course once you have completed 100% of it.
How long will it take me to complete? How long do I have access to it?
You have access to the full course for life so it's entirely led by you.
Is the CPD Accredited?
No - a CPD does not need to be accredited by anyone, it is Continual Professional Development therefore reading a book comes under CPD hrs for membership bodies. All tutors on our platform are qualified Counsellors and already teach CPD's.
Sj is a Relate trained & Qualified Counsellor. She completed her 240hr voluntary work placement in East London & Kent. She has over 25 years in Counselling and the Voluntary Sector working with charities helping young vulnerable adults to Age concern. She is passionate about helping others heal their relationship wounds. She pulls in a vast array of theoretical modalities alongside years of Life Coaching and life experiences to work with her couple clients. She focuses on solution rather than problem based therapy, which works really well in triadic work. Sj is also a qualified EMDR & Rewind therapist and works with PTSD & Complex PTSD.