Impostor syndrome (also known as impostor phenomenon, fraud syndrome or the impostor experience) is a psychological pattern in which people doubt their accomplishments and have a persistent, often internalised fear of being exposed as a "fraud". Despite external evidence of their competence, those exhibiting the syndrome remain convinced that they are frauds and do not deserve the success they have achieved. Proof of success is dismissed as luck, timing, or as a result of deceiving others into thinking they are more intelligent and competent than they believe themselves to be. While early research focused on the prevalence among high-achieving women, impostor syndrome has been found to affect both men and women, in roughly equal numbers.
- Join the Facebook Tutor Group
- Special Course Terms.
- Module 1 - Printable slides
- Module 1 - Introduction to Imposter Syndrome & Self Esteem
- End of Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 - Printable Slides
- Module 2.1 - Where does it come from.
- Module 2.2 - Ted Talk
- Module 2.3 - 10 Reasons!
- End of Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 - Printable slides
- Module 3 - How we work with Imposter Syndrome & Self Esteem issues.
- Module 3 - Exercise - Daily/Weekly Journal
- Module 3 - Exercise - What I believe.
- End of Module 3 Quiz
- Module 4 - Printable Slides
- Module 4.1 - Practical Application
- Module 4 - Model of Healthy Self-Esteem Handout
- Module 4.2 - Practical Application part 2
- Module 4 - Exercise - Whats your Oxygen?
- Module 4 - Self-Esteem Quiz
- Website Links to exercises mentioned.
- End of Module 4 Quiz
- Course Evaluation
You want practical, effective tools on how to do recognise Imposter Syndrome and low self-esteem with individuals.
You want to expand your toolkit for working with a range of problems.
You want to better understand the back ground to the Imposter Syndrome and low self-esteem model of working with individuals and how it can be applied to your work and adapted to each individual client.
You want to feel supported and gain more confidence in the work you're doing, or plan to do, with Imposter Syndrome and low self-esteem.
You want to understand and need some help over coming low self-esteem in your own life and relationships.
You want to be encouraged and inspired to add Imposter Syndrome and low self-esteem to your practice or specialise in Imposter Syndrome and low self esteem
You want to have a roadmap for the work you are doing, rather than taking each session as it comes.
You already have talk therapy qualifications & experience of seeing individual clients but want to expand your skills in Imposter Syndrome and low self esteem