Training as a DBT Therapist can be a lengthy and expensive process and is considered highly specialised. However, there is a saturation of evidence that shows that when using DBT informed approaches outside of the model when you have a grounded understanding of the underpinning theoretical approach you can still achieve life changing outcomes for clients. So how do you achieve this?
The DBT Toolkit has been designed to compliment existing training, practice and experience, and introduce the learner to the fundamental skills and ideas on how to think and address problems from a DBT approach. We will explore the underlying principles of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and then move to reviewing the 4 major skills modules contained within DBT and take a detailed look at three skills from each one that you can immediately start using within clinical practice.
This tool kit is ideal for any practitioner who wants a better understanding of Personality Disorder, or who wants to be able to add the understanding and application of DBT skills into their clinical practice.
- Special Course Terms.
- Module 1 - Printable slides
- Module 1.1 - Diagnosis Part 1
- Handout Mod 1 -1-10 Types of Personality Disorder
- Module 1.2 - Diagnosis Part 2
- QUESTIONS TO SUPPORT PRACTITIONER REFLECTION ON DIAGNOSIS.
- Handout Mod 1 - Charactoristics of BPD & EUPD
- Handout Mod 1 - DSM Criteria for BPD
- End of Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 - Printable Slides
- Module 2.1 - Evidence Based Therapy
- QUESTIONS TO HELP CLINICIANS REFLECT ON THEIR OWN RELATIONSHIP WITH EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE
- Module 2.2 - Therapeutic Approaches
- End of Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 - Printable Slides
- Module 3.1 - Neurology 101
- Handout Mod 3 - Neuron Clinician Reference Sheet
- Module 3.2 - Neurology 101 Part 2
- Handout Mod 3 - CT Scan of Brain Comparison
- Handout Mod 3 - Clinician Quick Reference Sheet The Limbic System
- End of Module 3 Quiz
- Module 4 - Printable Slides
- Module 4.1 - Overview of DBT Part 1
- Handout Mod 4.1 - Emotional Response Chart
- Module 4.2 - Overview of DBT Part 2
- Handout Mod 4.2 - Family of Bakers Story Script
- Handout Mod 4.2 - Bio Social Model
- Module 4.3 - Overview of DBT Part 3
- End of Module 4 Quiz
- Module 5 - Printable Slides
- Module 5 - Working with Risk in Relation to BPD
- Handout Mod 5 - Chain Analysis
- Handout Mod 5 - Chain Analysis Blank Client Sheet
- End of Module 5 Quiz
- Module 6 - Printable Slides
- Module 6.1 - Mindfulness - Part 1
- Handout Mod 6 - The 3 Concepts of Mindfulness
- Handout Mod 6 - Benefits of Mindfulness
- Module 6.2 - Mindfulness - Part 2
- Handout Mod 6 - Story for Describing Mindfulness Clinician Resource Sheet
- Handout Mod 6 - Story for Encouraging Skills Practice Clinician Resource Sheet
- Handout Mod 6.2 - Script Open Mind
- Handout Mod 6.2 - Script - Focused Mind
- Open & Focused Mind
- Module 6.3 - Mindfulness - Part 3
- Handout Mod 6.3 - Mindfulness Exercises
- Handout Mod 6.3 - DBT Mind States
- Handout Mod 6 - Clinician Resource Sheet Session Scheduling
- End of Module 6 Quiz
- Module 7 - Printable Slides
- Module 7.1 - Distress Tolerance Part 1
- Handout Mod 7.1 - What is Distress Tolerance
- Handout Mod 7 - Bodily Reaction
- Handout Mod 7 - TIPP Skills to Regulate Emotions Clinician Resource Sheet
- Handout Mod 7 - TIPP Skills Progressive Muscle Relaxation Script
- Handout Mod 7.1 - 7/11 Breathing
- Handout Mod 7 - Traced Breathing
- Module 7.2 - Distress Tolerance Part 2
- Handout Mod 7.2 - 5,4,3,2,1 Technique
- Handout Mod 7 - "It will pass" Narrative for Clinician Reference
- Handout Mod 7.2 - Problem Solving through Actions
- End of Module 7 Quiz
- Module 8.1 - Skills Coaching - Emotional Regulation Part 1
- Handout Mod 8 - Goals of Emotional Regulation Skills Coaching
- EMOTIONS SUPPORT COMMUNICATION
- Handout Mod 8 - Emotional Car Story Script
- Module 8.2 - Skills Coaching - Emotional Regulation Part 2
- Handout Mod 8 - Areas of Self Care
- Handout Mod 8 - Olympic Self Care Story Script
- Handout Mod 8 - Plutchiks Wheel Of Emotion
- Module 8.3 - Skills Coaching - Emotional Regulation Part 3
- Handout Mod 8 - Opposite Action Protocol
- End of Module 8 Quiz
- Module 9 - Printable slides
- Module 9 - Skills Coaching - Emotional Regulation
- Handout Mod 9 - Clinician Resource Sheet IES Overview
- Handout Mod 9 - Client Handout on Influencing Factors for Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Handout Mod 9 - Client Handout Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills – GIVE
- Handout Mod 9 - Client Handout – DEAR MAN
- Handout Mod 9 - Client Handout Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills – FAST
- End of Module 9 Quiz
- Module 10 - Top Tips for Informed Practice
- DBT - Reading List
- End of Course Evaluation
I want to get going now, when does it start?
The course is now live!
Is this a weekly course or can I do it at my own pace?
The course will be available in full so you can complete it in one go or you can spread your learning out at your own pace.
Is this a 'Live' real time course?
No, all learning material is in way of Powerpoint presentation, video, handouts, quizzes etc so you can complete the course at your own pace.
Do I get a Completion Certificate?
Yes, there is a Completion Certificate at the end of the course once you have completed 100% of it.
How long will it take me to complete? How long do I have access to it?
You have access to the full course for life so it's entirely led by you.
Is the CPD Accredited?
No - a CPD does not need to be accredited by anyone, it is Continual Professional Development therefore reading a book comes under CPD hrs for membership bodies. All tutors on our platform are qualified Counsellors and already teach CPD's.
Adam is an experienced Systemic Family Practitioner and is trained in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy by members of Marsha Linehan’s US team. He has a special interest in Child and Adolescent Mental Health and being a Registered Clinical Specialist in Mental Health has worked in the industry for over eighteen years, with ten of these years focusing on providing both DBT and Systemic interventions with young people and adults. Adam is passionate about training and education holding Guest Lecturing Status with London South Bank Universities School of Health and Social Care. He currently actively provides both Systemic and DBT informed interventions in both the NHS and independent practice settings.