This course is jammed packed with videos (over 8hrs of video alone), it also has lots of exercises and handouts for you and your clients. Every module has printable slides for taking notes and a short end of module quiz.
The first intake to this course in June 2018 saw over 180 Counsellors learn the fundamentals of dealing with couples in the therapy room, gaining the knowledge, skills and confidence to work with couples. With the added bonus of a secret Facebook group for much sort after Peer Supervision, to help any professional transition to Relationship therapy and adding another target group to your practice.
You can claim a whopping 15 CPD hours for this course upon completion and you'll receive a certificate for your portfolio!
You want practical, effective tools on how to work with couples.
You want to expand your toolkit for working with couples.
You want to better understand the mechanics of working with couples and how they can be applied to your work.
You want to feel supported and gain more confidence in the work you're doing, or plan to do, with couples.
You want to understand and need some help with your own relationships.
You want to be encouraged and inspired to add couples to your practice.
You want to have a roadmap for the work you are doing, rather than taking each session as it comes.
You already have talk therapy qualifications & experience of seeing individual clients but want to expand your client group.
- Special Course Terms
- Our Secret Facebook Group - Peer Supervision
- Module 1- Slides to print.
- Module 1.1 - How I work.
- Module 1.2 - How I work part 2
- End of Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 - slides to print.
- Module 2.1 - The History of Relationships
- Module 2.2 - The effects of Falling in Love!
- The Science of Falling in Love PDF
- Exercise - Handout
- End of Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 - slides to print.
- Module 3.1 - Introduction to SFBT & 3.2 How does SFBT work?
- Module 3.3 - SFBT Questioning Skills
- SFBT Questions Handout.
- End of Module 3 Quiz.
- Module 4 - Printable Slides for 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3
- Module 4.1 - Foundations
- End of Module 4.1 Quiz
- Module 4.2 - 4 Horseman of Apocalypse.
- 4 Horseman poster
- 4 Horseman Handout
- End of Module 4.2 Quiz
- Module 4.3 - Explaining TA to Clients.
- TA Links
- TA Handouts
- End of Module 4.3 Quiz
- Printable slides for Module 4.4 & 4.5
- Module 4.4 - Love Languages
- 4.4 - Love Language quiz
- Love Tank Ideas - for clients
- Love Language sheet/exercise for clients
- End of Module 4.4 Quiz
- Model 4.5 - Apology Languages
- 4.5 - Apology Language Quiz
- Apology Statement ideas - for clients
- Love & Apology Language Results sheet
- End of Module 4.5 Quiz
- Module 5 - Printable Slides
- Module 5 - Genograms
- Module 5.2 - Social Graces
- Module 5.3 - Patterns
- Module 5 - Handout of Genogram Questions
- Genogram Example
- End of Module 5 Quiz.
- Module 6 - Printable slides
- Module 6.1 - Battle of the sexes
- Module 6.2 - Battle of the sexes cont...
- Exercise - How Male/Female is your brain?
- Exercise - Functioning
- End of Module 6 Quiz
- Module 7 - Printable slides
- Module 7 - The Conversations Couples 'should' of had.
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Money.
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Roles
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Work.
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Technology.
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Children.
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Health/Lifestyle
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Health/Lifestyle
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Family/Friends
- Exercise - Conversation Sheet - Home.
- End of Module 7 Quiz.
- Module 8 - Printable Slides
- Module 8 - Let's talk about Sex!
- The Gottman Assessment Quiz
- Handout - Clients reading list.
- Therapist Reading list.
- End of Module 8 Quiz
- Exercise - The Honeymoon/in love
- Exercise - Contracting
- Exercise - 50 Things
- Exercise - The Resentment Bucket
- Exercise - Pro's & Con's
- Exercise - Functioning
- Exercise - Mentality of Dating
- Exercise - Positive communication
- Course Evaluation Mini Series
- Course Evaluation: Couples Toolkit
I love the videos, compared to reading with many other online CPD’s, being dyslexic, reading can be lengthy and tedious for me, so its a great and a welcome ...Read More
I love the videos, compared to reading with many other online CPD’s, being dyslexic, reading can be lengthy and tedious for me, so its a great and a welcome change to learning for me. I have done several CPD’s online but they were very time consuming for me as they are a lot of reading. Being military trained, training was always done through practical application and learning, by being talked through the lessons with visuals, I find this the easiest and one of the best ways to learn. My compliments Sj, I feel this is certainly going to go far as a way of CPD’s of the future in comparison to many that just have material to read and then have questions to answer. Will certainly be coming back for more.Read Less
I have enjoyed this whole course. It has given me so much knowledge that I now feel confident in starting couple counselling. This course has also given me a...Read More
I have enjoyed this whole course. It has given me so much knowledge that I now feel confident in starting couple counselling. This course has also given me a deeper insight into my own relationship, and made me understand my partner better !!!!!! Thanks for that !!! I would be interested in other courses you run as this was a big 10 out of 10. I am so glad i managed to complete this. Thank you again.Read Less
I have professionally and personally grown so much via this excellent CPD course for couples work. A very happy by-product is how it - and the associated res...Read More
I have professionally and personally grown so much via this excellent CPD course for couples work. A very happy by-product is how it - and the associated resources - positively impact on my own relationships!Read Less
Fascinating to learn so much about the types of issues that arise in couple work and to find solutions
Fascinating to learn so much about the types of issues that arise in couple work and to find solutionsRead Less
Lots of content. Great support available during course. Great value for money. Great tools to use when working with any type of relationship issue, not just ...Read More
Lots of content. Great support available during course. Great value for money. Great tools to use when working with any type of relationship issue, not just couple work.Read Less
I highly recommend this excellent course ! I have gained so much knowledge both personally and professionally and feel much better equipped when working not...Read More
I highly recommend this excellent course ! I have gained so much knowledge both personally and professionally and feel much better equipped when working not just with couples but any relationship problems within families as it has helped me to recognise the importance of the way we communicate our feelings and needs and enabled me to be in a better position to have the confidence to use what I have learned to help support and guide others in recognising how they can improve their relationships by using some of the strategies learned.Read Less
A really great course that provides practical ways of working with couples. Presented in a really good format that is easy to follow and understand.
A really great course that provides practical ways of working with couples. Presented in a really good format that is easy to follow and understand.Read Less
Sj is a Relate trained & Qualified Counsellor. She completed her 240hr voluntary work placement in East London & Kent. She has been married and divorced twice and was determined not to go through the heartache again, so set out to specifically train in this area, she is passionate about helping others heal their relationship wounds. She pulls in a vast array of theoretical modalities alongside years of Life Coaching skills and life experiences to work with her couple clients. She focuses on solution rather than problem based therapy, which works really well in triadic work.
Adam is an experienced Systemic Family Practitioner with a special interest in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. He is a Registered Clinical Specialist Mental Health Nurse, and has over seventeen years experience of working with individuals and families struggling with challenges in relation to Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health. Adam is passionate about working with people and uses both his professional knowledge and personal life experience’s to inform his work to help people through the spectrum of challenges that life has to offer.